Sick of work? Need some motivation for your draft prep? Attached is a great procrastination and motivational tool sure to cure your case of the Mondays.
[embeddoc url=”http://chetlexvold.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/HSL-History-thru-2015.xlsx” download=”all” viewer=”google”]
A few observations:
1. The #1 seed has won the title 4 out of 7 seasons, and each of the last 3.
2014: Tony Gwynn
2013: Fort Morty’s Miracle
Top seeds that did not win:
2012: Red Destroyers (#2 seed Miracle beat #5 seed Sickness)
2010: Not Quites (#3 seed Sturm beat Not Quites in finals)
2009: Miracle (#2 seed Got Dropped beat #5 seed Red Destroyers in finals)
2. Poor Brown. Poor, poor Brown.
3. Ecker’s strategy of trading top picks for top talent has led to . . . exactly what you’d expect: an amazing 7 CYs and MVPs, but only 1 playoff appearance.
4. Fun/surprising stuff from winning %:
– 2-time division champ/playoff entrant East Coast MAV now has the 6th-best winning percentage, all-time, overtaking 4-time division champ and 2-time HSL champ Miracle;
– Fun battles: C-Bon’s NUTS vs. Not Quites for 2nd (.5522 to .5516); Neighsayers/Sea Dots for 9th (.489-.485); HERD/Twinkies for 11th (.478-.477); Dropped/Kam’s for 13th (.449-.445).
5. Thankfully, the overall leader in terms of winning % and money won, Mark F., is a model of modesty and will shower us with his humility.
Please let me know if you see any errors. Can’t wait for April 2!